Allegations of misdemeanor conduct are serious. Too often people think of them as minor situations that will just go away. This rarely happens. Misdemeanors are not a joke, and they are not just trivial matters. Whether an allegation of DUI, an allegation of domestic violence or assault, or an allegation of theft, misdemeanors are very serious. They are not just like a traffic ticket. The maximum penalty for a gross misdemeanor in Washington is 364 days in jail and a $5000 fine, not to mention what may be a permanent record of conviction and the long-term consequences that a conviction would cause.
It is vital that anyone facing any criminal charge, felony or misdemeanor, consult with an attorney as soon as possible. That is why our office provides free consultations for all criminal charges during which we will cover the process, the potential consequences, the rights that every defendant has, and what can be done to improve a client’s situation.
We are experienced with all misdemeanor charges, including:
- Allegations of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) and Boating Under the Influence (BUI)
- Allegations of Assault
- Allegations of No Contact Order Violations
- Allegations of Domestic Violence
- Allegations of Cyberstalking
- Allegations of Harassment
- Allegations of Telephone Harassment
- Allegations of Theft and Shoplifting
- Allegations of Driving While Suspended