Once upon a time, kids were allowed to make and learn from their mistakes on their path to adulthood. Times have changed. Mistakes today often end in arrest, criminal prosecution and time in detention. Your child may still be a minor, but the choices made now will affect your child’s entire life. Kids make mistakes. Do not let a mistake end in a criminal conviction that never goes away.
If your child is facing criminal charges in Clark County Juvenile Court, we encourage you to:
- Make sure you meet with their counsel;
- Make sure your child understands what is happening;
- Make sure your child makes decisions that are not just easy, simply or quick;
- Make sure the decisions are made with your child’s future in mind; and
- The most important thing a parent, grandparent or adult can do when helping their child through a criminal charge is for the adult to forget how things were when the adult was a child – times have changed, laws have changed, and computers ensure that records never go away.
The bottom line is that parents need to make sure their children are properly represented to make sure a mistake does not ruin a child’s life before their life gets really started.
Call our office and find out how we can help your situation, and help you or your child work through and address the charges in the most thorough manner possible.