- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Clark County Bar Association
- Washington Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Washington Defender Association
Juris Doctor, University of Oregon School of Law
- Chief Justice, University of Oregon Constitution Court
- Tutor, Constitutional Law
- Regional Qualifier, Texas Young Lawyers Moot Court Competition (for trial advocacy)
- Regional Qualifer, Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
Bachelor of Science, Psychology (summa cum laude), Washington State University
Bachelor of Arts, Public Affairs (summa cum laude), Washington State University
Associate of Arts, Centralia College (summa cum laude), Centralia College
Professional and Volunteer Experience
- Clackamas County District Attorney, misdemeanor unit law clerk (2008-2009)
- Lane County Public Defender, law clerk (2008-2009)
- Clark County Prosecuting Attorney, major crimes unit, legal intern (2007)
- Clark County Prosecuting Attorney, general felonies unit, legal intern (2006)
- University of Oregon School of Law, constitutional law tutor (2007-2008)
- University of Oregon, Chief Justice, Constitution Court (2008-2009)
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Thurston County, mentor (2002-2006)
- Thurston County Youth Football Coach
- US Navy Submariner
I believe in my clients, and that belief shines through in everything I do. At heart, I am a trial attorney who is at his best in front of a jury of your peers – for it is there where justice is found. I am a believer in what is right and just, and in the ideals that have made this nation who we are. What I am not is a slick tongue, and my values are not for sale. I am a solo practitioner because it allows me the freedom and ability to represent those whom I want to represent. I am a defense attorney because I believe in justice and because I believe in the Constitution.
Following high school, I followed family tradition, enlisted in the Navy and qualified for the submarine service. I served on the oldest nuclear powered submarine to ever set sail, the USS Kamehameha, before transferring to the USS Los Angeles. I served for five years, completed three deployments to the Western Pacific and one deployment to the Persian Gulf.
I was honorably discharged in 2001, started college the next year, and stayed in school until graduating law school in 2009. I opened my practice in November of that year and have devoted my practice to criminal defense and family law ever since.
I enjoy hiking, camping, being outside, being with my family, playing with my dogs, reading and good food.