Shon Bogar is a trial attorney at heart who is most comfortable in front of a jury while challenging the evidence the government thinks it has. He brings a confident and assertive manner to the courtroom combined with an earnest desire to find the truth and represent his client’s interests. He is forceful and aggressive, thinks outside the box, and is unafraid to challenge the government, law enforcement and judges as appropriate to each case on an individualized basis.
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Clark County Bar Association
- Washington Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Washington Defender Association
Juris Doctor, University of Oregon School of Law
- Chief Justice, University of Oregon Constitution Court
- Tutor, Constitutional Law
- Regional Qualifier, Texas Young Lawyers Moot Court Competition (for trial advocacy)
- Regional Qualifer, Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
Bachelor of Science, Psychology (summa cum laude), Washington State University
Bachelor of Arts, Public Affairs (summa cum laude), Washington State University
Associate of Arts, Centralia College (summa cum laude), Centralia College
Professional and Volunteer Experience
- Clackamas County District Attorney, misdemeanor unit law clerk (2008-2009)
- Lane County Public Defender, law clerk (2008-2009)
- Clark County Prosecuting Attorney, major crimes unit, legal intern (2007)
- Clark County Prosecuting Attorney, general felonies unit, legal intern (2006)
- University of Oregon School of Law, constitutional law tutor (2007-2008)
- University of Oregon, Chief Justice, Constitution Court (2008-2009)
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Thurston County, mentor (2002-2006)
- Thurston County Youth Football Coach
- US Navy Submariner
I believe in my clients, and that belief shines through in everything I do. At heart, I am a trial attorney who is at his best in front of a jury of your peers – for it is there where justice is found. I am a believer in what is right and just, and in the ideals that have made this nation who we are. What I am not is a slick tongue, and my values are not for sale. I am a solo practitioner because it allows me the freedom and ability to represent those whom I want to represent. I am a defense attorney because I believe in justice and because I believe in the Constitution.
Following high school, I followed family tradition, enlisted in the Navy and qualified for the submarine service. I served on the oldest nuclear powered submarine to ever set sail, the USS Kamehameha, before transferring to the USS Los Angeles. I served for five years, completed three deployments to the Western Pacific and one deployment to the Persian Gulf.
I was honorably discharged in 2001, started college the next year, and stayed in school until graduating law school in 2009. I opened my practice in November of that year and have devoted my practice to criminal defense and family law ever since.
I enjoy hiking, camping, being outside, being with my family, playing with my dogs, reading and good food.
Christopher Ramsay, Criminal Defense Attorney in Vancouver, WA
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
Shon is the people’s lawyer. He has the temperment and determination to get the job done right. He does the work that many other lawyers shy away from. His dedication is exemplary and service to his country is outstanding.
Dustin Douglas Richardson
Dustin Richardson, Criminal Defense Attorney in Vancouver, WA
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community
Having worked across from Shon Bogar in my previous career as a Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, I developed true respect for Shon’s dedication to protecting the Constitutional rights of his clients through vigorous advocacy.
Alan Harvey, Litigation Lawyer in Vancouver, WA
Relationship: Opposing Counsel on matter
While I was a Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney attached to the Children’s Justice Unit, I had the opportunity to engage in a trail and Shon was one of the opposing counsel in a child abuse matter. It was my experience that Shon was diligent, highly competent, and professional. Shon does not shy away from difficult matters and provides excellent service to his clients. For these reasons I endorse Shon Bogar.